Phlorum are expert ecology consultants who have vast experience in providing ecological consultancy services, ranging from conducting ecology surveys to full Ecological Impact Assessment reporting as part of the development planning process. We create Ecological Management Plans, carry out habitat creation works and provide ecological clerk of works services for protected species on construction sites.
Ecological issues affect almost all land uses in the UK. Development and industrial sectors can be significantly constrained by such issues if they are not properly addressed. Our team of experienced ecologists work closely with our clients to provide detailed ecological assessments, tailored to suit the needs of the project and the client whilst ensuring a positive result for wildlife.
The ecological services Phlorum provide include:
- Ecological Survey (Phase One Habitat Survey / Preliminary Ecological Appraisal)
- Habitat Creation and Management Plans
- Protected Species Surveys
- Ecological Mitigation and Enhancement
- Provision of Ecological Clerk of Works
- Air Pollution Effects On Ecology
- Ecological Impact Assessment / Environmental Statements
- Ecological Elements Of BREEAM and Other Sustainable Building Assessment Methodologies
- European Protected Species Mitigation Licences (in respect of Great Crested Newt, Bats, Dormice etc.)
- Development Licences (in respect of Badgers)
Changing Landscape of Ecology Services
Vairous legislation has strengthened the protection of certain species and habitats in the UK. There is also greater pressure from the planning process for developers to carry out detailed ecological surveys at an early stage of a project. This is particularly important for projects which might impact upon European Protected Species (EPSs), e.g. bats (all species), water voles and the great crested newt.
Depending on the project, ecological works can include assessments that focus on some, or all, of the following:
- Water Voles
- Mixed/mosaic habitats
All work performed by Phlorum is carried out under appropriate licences and in strict agreement with Natural England and/or any other statutory bodies, where necessary. We pride ourselves as problem solvers and providers of pragmatic advice on all ecological issues.