Environmental Management System (EMS) Requirements
The development of Environmental Management Systems (EMS) requires:
- Setting an environmental policy
- Reviewing the environmental law that applies to the given industry
- Assessing the environmental effects of the industry
- Developing environmental procedures
- Training staff in environmental awareness and in their responsibilities under the EMS
- Setting measurable objectives and targets
- Independent auditing of the performance of the EMS
Phlorum Limited can assist with the development of Environmental Management Systems to either BS EN ISO 14001 or EMAS. Our process would normally involve the following:
- an initial gap style analysis to assess the strengths and weaknesses of a company;
- development of all the necessary policies and procedures required, or assistance with their development.
We can assist in the training of staff to implement and understand the changes often necessary to embed an EMS, and then provide periodic auditing to ensure that the policies and procedures implemented are followed.