Manchester: A Certain Future Stakeholder Conference, 16th March 2012
Manchester: A Certain Future, the steering group for the city’s climate change action plan, is holding its 2012 conference on March 16th from 1.00pm to 5.30pm. The venue is the Pennine Suite of Manchester Metropolitan University’s All Saints Campus on Oxford Road.
The conference follows an interactive workshop format, based on five themes that encompass the overall aim of encouraging behavioural change across Manchester to embrace the challenging objectives of the climate change action plan. The themes are:
- Vision (creating a vision of the future to work towards);
- Culture (using artistic and other cultural media to enhance change);
- Knowledge (giving and sharing knowledge on climate change issues);
- Environment (encouraging behavioural change to benefit the environment); and
- Community (developing communities to adopt the change needed to move forward).
You can find out more about the conference here on the Manchester: A Certain Future website. You can also register your interest to attend the conference here but you’d best hurry as places are strictly limited!
Phlorum is a member of the Manchester: A Certain Future steering group.